What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files - usually consisting of letters and numbers - placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners to make their websites operate, work more efficiently, and provide analytic information.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features or services on our Websites may not function properly without cookies.
We use the following cookies:
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a product comparison or product inquiry.
- Performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to remember your preferences, for example, your choice of language or region.
- Help you obtain information you are looking for;
- Process your requests/orders;
- Analyze your visiting patterns to improve our Websites;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Measure how many people use our Websites, and how they use them, to keep our Websites running efficiently and to better understand our Websites' audiences.
- If you register on one of our Websites, or otherwise provide us with your personal information, we may associate that information with other information we collect from or about you or that you provide, information regarding your use of our Websites, or information we receive from or about you from third parties. We will use this combined data for marketing and analytics purposes.
Google Analytics & Social Media
Our Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets cookies in order to evaluate your use of the Website and compile reports for us on activity on the site.
Our Website has buttons and icons to promote or share web pages (to "like" or "tweet"). These buttons only work, when using scripts and codes that are generated by networks like Facebook and Twitter. This code generates cookies when actively used by AddThis, when interacting with the buttons. We do not have any influence on this. Please read Facebook, Twitter's or other network’s privacy statement (which can change often) to read what they use your personal details for by using these cookies.
The information the cookies collect is stored anonymously. The information is sent by and to Twitter, Facebook and others, possibly on servers situated in the US. Facebook, Twitter and Google have committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield to comply with European standards for handling personal information. For more information about the cookie policies of the social media services we use, please see:
YouTube and Embedded Content
How Long Do Cookies Stay on My Device?
Some cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions - they do not expire when you close your browser. These cookies are called "persistent" Cookies. The length of time a persistent cookie stays on your device varies from cookie to cookie.
Other cookies operate from the time you visit a website to the end of that particular web browsing session. These cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser. These cookies are called “session” cookies.
How Do I Manage Cookies?
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features or services on our Websites may not function properly without cookies. The following websites provide information on how to adjust the cookies settings on some popular browsers:
More information about cookies
If you would like to contact us about cookies please email us at [email protected].
LAST UPDATED: January 22, 2018