In the food processing industry, the daily cleaning of automation equipment and process equipment is extremely important to ensure food safety. Therefore, the human machine interface (HMI) for food production facilities must be able to withstand high-pressure and high-temperature washing and be cleaned with acidic cleaners to facilitate daily scrubbing and water washing. A suitable HMI solution for food production facilities should have:
- The IP69K rating ensures the highest degree of protection in food processing environments where sanitation and cleanliness are required.
- The use of stainless steel materials has high anti-corrosion efficiency.
- The surface should be easy to clean, featuring a seamless flat design that prevents the buildup of any dirt on the bezels.
- Waterproof connectors allow complete protection during the cleaning process.
Human Machine Interface (HMI) allows direct data flow collection and communication between machines and facilities, as well as real-time monitoring and control of operating processes, to create fast and collaborative manufacturing processes. In addition to computing performance, HMI systems used in the food industry has many factors to consider, such as whether it can withstand intensive spraying and repeated high-pressure cleaning. Axiomtek's stainless steel fanless panel PCs have been developed specifically to support the design requirements for the food industry. They have an IP69K-rated, water/dust-proof enclosure and six IP66-rated M12-type connectors to resist ingress of high temperature and high-pressure water. The SUS316 stainless steel is used in order to prevent bacteria growth and avoid rust by prolonged usage.
Axiomtek's GOT815W-511 and GOT812W-511 are completely waterproof with IP69K/IP66 level of protection and adopt full-grade 316 stainless steel enclosures for a higher level of resistance to corrosion. Besides, these ruggedized panel computers adopt a rounded corner design and a seamless flat front bezel, creating a sleek design that does not sacrifice durability.
The GOT815W-511 adopts a 15.6-inch FHD TFT flat bezel LCD display with 1920 x 1080 resolutions; the GOT812W-511 adopts a 12.1-inch WXGA TFT flat bezel LCD display with 1280 x 800 resolutions. Both come with 400 nits of brightness and the choice of a projected capacitive touchscreen or 5-wire flat resistive touchscreen. Besides, they feature five IP66-rated M12-type I/O connectors and a wide range power input of 9V to 36V DC for reliable operation. Moreover, they can operate under wide temperature settings ranging from -20°C to +50°C and withstand vibration up to 1G.
The GOT815W-511 and GOT812W-511 are powered by the Intel® Core™ i5-7300U processor. The high-reliability touch panel PCs offer a choice of either one 2.5" SSD HDD or one 2.5" SATA HDD for storage. For flexible communication, both panel PCs have one full-size and one half-size PCI Express Mini Card slots for Wi-Fi/3G kit. Moreover, they support the VESA mount and are compatible with Windows® 10 and Windows® 10 IoT.
- 15.6" FHD TFT flat bezel LCD display (GOT815W-511)
12.1" WXGA TFT flat bezel LCD display (GOT812W-511)
- IP66/IP69K-rated (NEMA 4X) water/dust/corrosion-proof design
- Full stainless steel enclosure with type 316
- -20°C to +50°C wide operating temperature range
- Fanless design with Intel® Core™ i5-7300U processor (code name: Kaby Lake)
- Optional Wi-Fi/3G kit for wireless network connectivity
- 9 to 36 VDC wide range power input
- Supports VESA mount
- M12-type connectors for harsh environments
In the food processing industry, hygiene is the most important. Axiomtek's stainless steel panel PC products offer unparalleled reliability, exceptional performance, extensive customizability and user-friendly designs, providing fully integrated solutions for efficient process control from quality assurance to logistics to complete traceability along the entire value chain.